Welcome to Team Scotland

Hey thanks for checking out the page. Ben and Nate are really excited for you to be apart of their adventures in Scotland. If you haven't already check out the About Team Scotland section. You should get a good laugh out of that. Also make sure you check out our prayer requests and please pray. One of the most exciting parts of supporting us is prayer! Your prayers in the states(or wherever you might be) affect us all the way over here in Scotland. We hope to be updating every other Sunday so be sure to check back and see just what God is doing over here. Perhaps you'll read some great story or see a picture of how God has answered all of our prayers. To see full size pictures click on the photo album down there in the right column just under our Prayer section.

Sunday 15 June 2008

Scotland: An Extraordinary Encounter

Hey everybody, this is Nate reporting in for our bi-weekly update. An interesting thing happened to me the other day while I was working at the Christian Youth Center in town. It was a rainy day and I had just come in from washing the windows when I heard the doorbell ring. It was too early for it to be any kids from the school, so I went down to see who it was. I opened the door to find a man there who had piercings and tattoos all over and had cuts on his arms. He was very troubled looking and he asked me if I could talk to him, so I said yes and invited him in to have a chat.

He told me his name was Stuart, and he said “Oh don't worry about these cuts, they're just self harm” He went on to tell me that he was a paranoid schizophrenic and he had run out of money to buy food recently and hadn't eaten in two days. And since he hadn't eaten in two days he also hadn't taken his pills in two days! Since he hadn't eaten in two days I took him down to the corner store and bought him a sandwich.

After we got his sandwich we headed back to the CYC and I asked him if he had ever heard the gospel before and he said no. So I told him the gospel and he was extremely interested in it. He told me that what I was saying seemed like it might be the truth and I assured him it was. He had to go quickly because he didn't have his pills with him and he was anxious to get back home and take them, but he told me that he really wanted to hear more and that he'd come back later. So I gave him a tract and a Bible and sent him on his way. Please pray for Stuart that he reads his Bible and gets saved, and also that he would be healed from his schizophrenia and that we'd get another chance to talk to him.

God is such an amazingly intricate planner. It's mind blowing to think of all the things that went into me giving that man the gospel. First someone had to tell him about the CYC, then through a long series of events God brought him to a place of desperation where he had nothing left and then God brought the CYC to remembrance and he had to get on a bus and get over there at exactly the time that I was there that morning. And on top of all that God had to fill me with His truth and give me the words to give Stuart. Truly God is sovereign, His works are unfathomably vast.

Oh yeah, and we've got a bit of a praise report, God provided two men to drive for the Creation Fest trip with the youth. Please continue to pray for that trip that God would provide the funding and make it a life changing trip for the youth. As always thank you so much for the prayers! God bless and don't forget to tune in next bi-week! Same bat time, same bat channel!

Nate

No comments: